This is a great post from Everyday Images, a blog you can find at
Will this be a prophecy of Mike’s wedding? No way!
No one will ever marry him…
2 September 08 at 3:30 pm | In youth ministry |
I think of the strangest things in the middle of the night. The list that follows is probably the all-time strangest. Feel free to add-on as you feel inspired.
Some youth workers are married. Others are single. Some will get married during their tenure as a youth worker (and this is in no way any sort of an announcement on my part). Here, then, are the signs that you are at a youth worker’s wedding:
- Rather than a soloist providing music prior to the service, there is a video loop that includes announcements, YouTube clips and the new Hillsong United music video.
- The youth worker half of the happy couple reads the vows from the notes he or she has written on his or her hand.
- Wedding song: David Crowder Band’s Our Love is Loud
- The couple registers at the Youth Specialties web site.
- The reception dinner is pizza and Mountain Dew … just pizza and Mountain Dew.
- There’s no head table at the reception, just a longer couch and larger bean bag chairs.
- Invitations went out on Facebook and included responses from friends of friends of friends from as far away as China.
- You don’t see a professional photographer, but there seems to be an awful lot of young people holding up their cell phones.
- Rather than a punch or champagne fountain, there’s line of Diet Coke bottles and packs of Mentos.
- Not only did you receive the initial invitation, you received reminders via Twitter, text, Facebook and a phone call to your parents.
- The wedding announcement may not appear in the local newspaper, but the couple really hopes that Marko or Josh blog about it.
- DJ? We don’t need a DJ, we have DDR and Guitar Hero!
2 thoughts on “Michael’s Wedding Predictions?”
what happened to the other one?
Comments are closed.